Rural Network Programming that Moves the Performance Improvement Needle Forward
The Hospital Strength INDEX for Networks program offers a comprehensive and objective program for comparing all rural hospitals across a continuum of financial, value-based and market-driven performance indicators based on publicly available data. Aggregating data for 50 individual indicators and rolling them up into eight categories, this unique program is the first performance assessment tool to include all 1,300 Critical Access Hospitals and 800 Rural & Community facilities.
The Chartis Center for Rural Health collaborates with State and Network partners to disseminate INDEX analytics to individual hospitals in an organized, coordinated and cost-effective manner. This unique programming:
- Reinforces leadership roles for Network coordinators
- Helps to serve as a hospital vulnerability assessment tool to justify how/why networks allocate funds for improvement activities (pursuant with grant guidance)
- Includes benchmarks for all network hospitals without any need for hospital data entry
- Provides expanded access to INDEX reports and benchmarks
- Grants distribution rights for INDEX indicators and rankings
- Educates hospital leaders on public reporting trends and relevant measurement
The Chartis Center for Rural Health has served rural health networks in a number of data benchmarking and performance improvement capacities and has contracted with Flex programs or with designated subcontractors to Flex programs in more than 30 states.